Why choose Parklane Properties?

Parklane Properties has welcomed and accommodated generation after generation of students with open arms, enhancing our reputation as the best student letting agents Leeds has to offer.

With a wide range of student properties in hubs such as Hyde Park and 
Headingley, as well as central areas around university campuses, you’ll never be far away from Leeds’ vibrant student community.  
  • Incredible choice of student properties

    Thanks to our ever-growing portfolio of student accommodation in Leeds, we never struggle to find the right property for our students. Whether you’re looking for a trendy, luxury apartment in the city centre, or a 6-bed house-share a stone’s throw away from Hyde Park, we’ve got it covered.

  • Over 45 years of experience

    We know what students want, and we deliver time and time again. With offices on the Headingley high street, our dedicated team are just moments away from your lecture theatres and are always on hand to support you.

  • Properties in all the student hot spots!

    We've over 500 properties located all over the city; so whether you’re one for quiet nights on the sofa or a night in one of Headingley’s many vibrant bars, you’ll find just the place.

  • Unipol accredited & award-winning

    There’s a reason Parklane Properties are an award-winning student letting agents, and that’s because our property experts do their utmost to look after your best interests. Our modern student rooms boast the highest interior standards and we are proud to be members of Unipol, safeagent Client Money Protection Scheme, Tenancy Deposit Scheme, mydeposits and The Property Ombudsman.

Fully Furnished room and lounge
Grey Sitting Chairs with study table
Fully Furnished Bedroom
Social Gatherings

Find your student accommodation in Leeds

Find your amazing new student apartment - from one bed apartments to large nine bed properties and everything in-between - we cover all the student hot spots in and around Leeds. 

Student properties available in Headingley, Hyde Park and other areas surrounding Leeds Universities and the city centre.

All our student accommodation properties have no upfront fees! Call Us today to find out more

Thinking of going all inclusive? Let us take the hassle away and sort all your bills for you!      

  • Hassle Free

    When you go all-inclusive with Parklane Properties, we take care of your bills from start to finish. Forget the hassle of setting up utility accounts when you move in, as we’ve got you covered. There are also no fees!

  • Living in harmony

    We know it can be intense when a group are trying to distribute the utilities costs… one person usually takes the lead and is constantly chasing the group- which can cause stress and tension. When you go all-inclusive with us this stress goes out the window! You can live in harmony as a group knowing you are all paying an equal split along with your rent.

  • Your time is precious!

    As a student, you have enough going on with your studies and moving into your new property, you’d rather not have to also think about utility bills! Going all-inclusive means that added stress is taken away, meaning you can focus on the more important (and fun) things!

How can we help you?

You can also browse the topics below to find what you are looking for.

Frequently Asked Questions  
  • How do I lodge a complaint?
    Parklane is committed to improving the service we deliver to our customers, therefore is it vital to gain feedback when your expectations have not been met. Please view our complaints procedure here for details on how to lodge a complaint.
    Read more
  • How long in advance do we need to book if we want to look at some houses?
    We need 24 hours to inform current tenants of viewings on properties. To arrange a viewing just pop into the office, or call us on 0113 230 4949 or email the team at ls6@parklaneproperties.com to register your interest.
    Read more
  • Do you offer properties with bills included?
    Yes, you have the option to take most of our properties with bills included.  Where you rent an individual room within a shared house the bills are usually included: gas, water, electricity and sometimes council tax. Phone bills are not included however in some cases internet can be provided. Please contact our office for further details.
    Read more
  • Can I pay my rent when I receive my student loan?
    We are a private company with no association to the Student Loans Company. When you apply to rent a property, if you wish to pay in line with your student loan payment dates, you will need to provide us with a copy of your student loan approval and the dates your student loan will be paid. We will do our best to arrange collection of your rent payments in line with these dates.  If your student loan is not approved or delayed you will need to ensure payment is made as per the terms of your signed Tenancy Agreement.
    Read more
  • Can my parents pay for my rent?
    Anyone can pay rent on your behalf. However, the legal responsibility lies with you.
    Read more
  • Why do you take the rent out on the 22nd when it is not due until the 1st?
    It is essential that we have cleared funds in our account by the 1st day of the due date. This period usually allows us to collect rental payments to reach our account in time.
    Read more
  • How do I pay the rent?
    Rent is payable by direct debit. A direct debit is a preauthorised payment under which an account holder authorises a bank to pay a fixed amount such as a rent payment or variable amounts (such as those called for in bills or invoices) directly to a landlord, for example, at regular intervals. Your rent will be collected automatically once this has been set up.
    Read more
  • How often do we have to pay rent?
    If you are a student, the rent is paid in quarterly instalments. Professionals can pay in monthly instalments.
    Read more
  • Do you have any student 'halls' type of accommodation?
    We do have a large student complex called the Triangle, details of which can be found on our website. Rooms can be rented individually or as a complete apartment of 5 or 6 bedrooms. www.parklanetriangle.com
    Read more
  • Do you have any houses where I can just rent one room?
    Yes we have individuals rooms to let within shared student houses. In these you will have your own room, but will share communal facilities.
    Read more
  • In two or more bedroom properties, can more than one person live in the same room?
    No, the price is per person in relation to the number of bedrooms in the house.
    Read more
  • What if I do not understand the Contract?
    If there are any aspects of the Contract you do not understand, a member of the lettings team would be more than happy to go through the terms with you.
    Read more
  • Do we meet you at the property or do we need to come to the office for the viewing?
    You can either come to the property and one of our negotiators will take you to the property, or you can meet at the property. You will be asked which you prefer when you book your viewing. 
    Read more
  • Do you do viewings on Saturday?
    Yes we are open for viewings on Saturdays from 10am to 5pm.
    Read more
  • What happens on the day I move in?
    Details of what you need to do at the beginning of your tenancy are available on ‘My Parklane’, the one stop shop on our website for everything you need to know.
    Read more
  • Are all properties furnished?
    Yes, all properties come furnished including kitchen appliances.
    Read more
  • How do I notify you of any problems with the property at the start of the tenancy?
    An inspector will visit your property following the return of all of the keys from the previous tenants to record the condition and any damage caused to the property. You will also be issued with an inventory and Schedule of Condition which is a detailed list of all items and their condition throughout the property. You should check that all items listed on the inventory are present and are in the condition described on the inventory, record any damages and return the inventory to the office within 14 days. We will use this when you vacate your home at the end of the tenancy, so it is important to make sure it is returned to us.
    Read more
  • How do I go about registering the utility bills in my name?
    Take a note of the meter readings and serial numbers and contact the utility provider to register the gas, electric and water in your name. We will also require a copy of this information.
    Read more
  • Can I decorate?
    It may be possible for you to decorate certain rooms in houses. It is critical that you get written permission from the Manager at the office first. There will be obvious conditions such as ensuring that the decoration is done in a good workman like manner and make sure that paint doesn’t damage carpets or furniture.
    Read more
  • What is an Energy Performace Certificate?
    This is a document that indicates how energy efficient and environmentally friendly the property is.
    Read more
  • What happens if something breaks down?
    Parklane will instruct HIVE Property Services, a maintenance company that not only attends to repairs, but also provides a 24 hour emergency call out service. To report any maintenance problems with your property, contact Hive Property Services and give them as much information as possible regarding the problem. They will allocate the job on a priority basis. Hive Property Services will inform you of when a tradesman will be attending your property. They have a set of your keys so you do not need to be present at the time, if it is not convenient. Hive Property Services can be contacted via telephone on: 0113 224 4610 or via e-mail repairs@hiveliving.co.uk . If you need to visit their offices at any point their address is Unit 9, 1 Weaver Street, Leeds, LS4 2AU.
    Read more
  • Do I need a TV licence?
    It is your responsibility to purchase a TV licence; it is against Television Licensing authority law to be without a TV licence for any TV's within your property.
    Read more
  • Who is responsible for changing light bulbs in my property?
    This is the tenant’s responsibility and you should make sure all light bulbs are working when you leave the property.
    Read more
  • Should I take out contents insurance?
    Yes, you are responsible for insuring any personal possessions within your property. 
    Read more
  • Who is responsible for tending to my garden?
    It is the tenant’s responsibility to tend to the garden. This includes maintaining the grass, hedges, weeding and generally keeping the garden tidy. If you do not maintain the garden to a satisfactory level then Hive have been instructed to maintain this for you and will charge you for this service. Hive will carry out a gardening round every 4-6 weeks throughout the growing season which is generally between April and the end of October
    Read more
  • Are pets allowed?
    Unfortunately not.
  • Can I put a lock on my bedroom door?
    We understand the need for privacy however locks on internal doors create a whole series of issues so unfortunately in most cases we cannot allow this. If a lock is put on a door then it will be removed and the tenant will be charged for the removal and any damage to the doors.
    Read more
  • Do you provide kitchen utensils or do we need to bring our own?
    Our properties are fully furnished, but we do NOT provide items such as kitchen utensils and bedding, therefore you will need to bring these with you when you move in.
    Read more
  • My neighbours are playing loud music all night and keeping me awake. What can I do?
    Tenants are requested at all times to have respect and consideration for all residents within their property and their neighbours. They are requested to refrain from playing loud music and the use of abusive language/behaviour. We will speak to them but if the problem continues, you can also seek advice from Leeds City Council's Environmental Health dept. noise service.
    Read more
  • Is the internet installed?
    This varies from property to property. Please enquire at our office.
    Read more
  • Can I leave the contract earlier?
    On an Assured Short hold Tenancy Agreement, you're legally bound until the end of your tenancy period. We can however consider ending your tenancy if you have a replacement. This individual will need to meet all of our criteria and be able to provide full guarantor details prior to the process being complete. If you request the Landlord or Agent to re-advertise / re-let the Property (or part thereof) then you will be liable for the marketing costs, including £15 (inc. VAT) per viewing, £150 (inc VAT) for website/portal marketing costs and £50 (inc. VAT) for administration costs. If you need any further information on this process please contact a member of the lettings team.
    Read more
  • Do you offer a Summer discount?
    Generally we don't, but this very much depends on the particular house that you're interested in, please ask during the viewing.
    Read more
  • What happens if I fall into arrears?
    If you are experiencing difficulties paying your rent don’t ignore the problem and hope it will go away. The sooner you let us know of any extenuating circumstances the quicker we can try and work with you. Please contact your Property Consultant to discuss the situation.
    Read more
  • Can I bring my own furniture?
    To ensure that both health and safety regulations are maintained at all times, we request that tenants do not bring their own furniture or electrical goods into the property. All furniture or furnishings brought into the property must comply with the Furniture and Furnishings Safety Regulations and electrical goods should have been PAT tested (Portable Appliance testing). The Tenant is responsible for removal of any personal items at the end of the tenancy.
    Read more
  • Can I deduct my deposit from my last rent payment?
    Unfortunately not as the rent and deposit are quite separate. The final instalment of rent is payable in full by direct debit as per the terms of the contract.
    Read more
  • How long are the tenancy agreements for?
    Normally for a fixed term of 12 months but this depends on the property.
    Read more
  • Can the final utility bills be paid out of the deposit?
    No. If the bills are in the names of the tenants, it is the tenant’s responsibility to ensure the final utility bills are settled in full.
    Read more
  • Are there any administration fees?
    Fees in lettings process: Fees you may be liable for during the tenancy. Parklane do not charge tenancy signing fees or upfront administration fees for letting properties. In some circumstances, a reasonable charge may be payable to cover actual costs incurred by the landlord or the agency: (1) If the tenant requests the Landlord or Agent to visit the Property because the Tenant has lost any keys/access and cannot get into the property or is otherwise locked there will be a maximum of £35 (inc VAT) or the actual cost of the “out of hours” service invoice payable. (2) To reset any alarm (unless due to the fault of the Landlord or anyone for whom the Landlord is responsible) the Landlord or Agent reserves the right to charge a maximum of £50 or to cover invoice costs of an “out of hours” call out service. (3) If the Tenant requests the Landlord or Agent to re-advertise / re-let the Property (or part thereof) then the Tenant will be liable for the marketing costs, including £15 (inc. VAT) per viewing, £150 (inc VAT) for website/portal marketing costs and £50 (inc. VAT) for administration costs. (4) Where the tenant loses or damages a key/access card or fob replacements will be charged at £15 (inc VAT). (5) The Landlord or Agent reserves the right to chargeinterest at the rate of 3% per annum above the base rate of the Bank of England on any rent or other money lawfully due which is in arrears for more than 14 days after the day on which it became due (such interest to be paid both before and after any Court Judgment). Should it become necessary to submit a claim to the County Court, additional charges to cover all preparation and recovery costs and Court fees will be added to the claim.
    Read more
  • What should I do with the keys at the end of the tenancy?
    You should return the keys to our office no later than 12 noon on the last day of your tenancy. If the keys aren’t returned, the new tenants will not be able to move in, so it is of major importance to return all keys within the allowed timescale. If a housemate is leaving early then please collect their keys before they depart. If your keys are not returned, you may be charged for the locks to be changed, or you may even have to pay to house the new tenants in a hotel until all keys have been returned – a hassle and expense that can be avoided with planning.  
    Read more
  • Do I need to pay a deposit?
    Yes a deposit is a returnable sum (subject to any charges for cleaning / damages) and the amount payable will depend on the specific property. The deposit will not need to be paid again should you choose to continue your contract with Parklane in the same property.
    Read more
  • How do I get my deposit back?
    In order to facilitate the process of returning your deposit you will need to provide proof of payment of your final utility bills (gas, electric, water and council tax), complete with meter readings.  We need all original utility bills proving settlement of accounts as from the last day of your tenancy. These must be stamped to show proof of payment or accompanied by a bank statement showing corresponding switch/cheque payment details or you can provide a letter from your supplier explaining that your account is clear. If you are a student you should be exempt from Council Tax but you will need to contact Leeds City Council for further information.
    Read more
  • What is the best way of paying the deposit?
    You can pay the deposit by debit / credit card in the office or online at www.parklaneproperties.com/online-payment
    Read more
  • Will I get my full deposit back?
    We want to re-imburse your deposit in full so please make sure the property is returned to us in a condition that is clean, lettable and without damage, exceeding wear & tear. Cleaning and removal charges are the most common deductions made against deposits. Some housemates may depart early, leaving the remaining tenants to clean and clear the rest of the house. This can lead to a rushed job and monies being deducted for additional cleaning to bring the property back up to standard. What ever you do, don’t have your moving out party the night before, it could be very costly!!!
    Read more
  • When should I pay the deposit?
    You should pay the deposit at the time of signing the Contract.
    Read more
  • When can I expect to receive my deposit?
    The deposit will be returned following expiry of the Tenancy (and the return of the keys) subject to any deduction that the Landlord is entitled to make from it. Payment of the deposit or any balance of it will be made within 10 working days of the Landlord and the Tenant agreeing the allocation of the deposit. Please refer to the terms of your Tenancy Agreement for further details.
    Read more
  • Who looks after my deposit?
    The deposit is safeguarded by one of the following schemes: The Tenancy Deposit Scheme, which is administered by: The Dispute Service Ltd, Tenancy Deposit Scheme, PO Box 1255, Hemel Hempstead, Herts, HP1 9GN. Phone: 0300 037 1000. Web: www.tenancydepositscheme.com Email: deposits@tenancydepositscheme.com mydeposits which is administered by: Tenancy Deposit Solutions Ltd, 1st floor, Premiere House, Elstree Way, Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, WD6 1JH. Phone: 0333 3219401. Web: www.mydeposits.co.uk Email: info@mydeposits.co.uk
    Read more
  • How is my deposit paid back?
    The deposit will be paid to you by cheque or directly into your bank account upon completion of the deposit return process. Please provide us with a forwarding address and your bank details.
    Read more
  • Do you do credit checks?
    Not usually, although we do require every tenant to have a guarantor. This needs to be someone that is a UK resident, a homeowner and fully employed.
    Read more
  • How can I ensure I receive all my post after the tenancy has ended?
    You need to ensure that all your forwarding addresses are provided to all necessary sources e.g banks, insurance, credit card, utility companies. You don’t want new tenants knowing all of your personal details so the easiest way to do this is through Royal Mail's 'Home Redirections Service' (www.royalmail.com) to forward mail from your old address to your new one. You will not be able to re-enter the property once your tenancy has ended so make sure this is done a few weeks in advance.
    Read more
  • What if I am unable to provide a guarantor?
    If you do not have anyone who can act as a guarantor, please speak to a member of the lettings team and we will see if any alternative arrangements can be made.
    Read more
  • I am an International student and my parents live abroad so I am unable to provide a guarantor. What can I do ?
    Please talk to a member of the lettings team to discuss making alternative arrangements.
    Read more
  • What agreements do I need to sign?
    You would sign a Fixed Term Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement. Once signed, the Contract is legally binding on all parties and you are liable for rental payments for the full period of the Contract. Please speak to a member of the lettings team if you require any further information regarding the Agreement.
    Read more
  • How do I ensure I get the keys?
    In order to fulfil our requirements, each tenant needs to complete an application form and provide us with photo ID, return the guarantor forms and additional supporting documents, complete a Direct Debit mandate and pay the deposit and rent. Please note this must be done for all tenants under the joint and several Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement. Once this process is complete, we can issue keys to you on the day your tenancy starts.
    Read more


Check out what our tenants have to say about us!